Saita diving, respect for the environmentGet to know us
Who we are
Saita Diving Club Barcelona was created with the aim of making diving available to everyone. We do not take into account the physical, psychological, sexual or economic condition of the people. That is why every summer we organise diving camps in which members and volunteers collaborate. Participation is open to all types of people at risk of social exclusion, with special emphasis on the presence of young people from marginalised neighbourhoods in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
We are a non-profit federated diving club. Our aim is to reinvest the profits we make in the club's mission and the development of all the social and environmental activities we organise.
We are linked to the Federació Catalana d'Activitats Subaquàtiques (FECDAS), which is in charge of awarding the diving qualifications certified by the World Confederation of Underwater Activities (CMAS).
We promote teamwork, perseverance, safety, good humour, respect and the excitement of underwater activities for anyone who wants to practice them.
Diving in Barcelona
Federated diving club
Environment, our goal
At Saita Diving we also collaborate with organisations such as BeOcean and SOS Oceans, which work in defence of the environment and the sea.
We want to raise awareness among all those who dive of the importance of the marine environment and the need to preserve it. That is why we invite all divers to develop their diving activities with responsibility and care for the environment.
We organise clean-ups of the seabed in nearby coastal towns, such as Barcelona, to remove the waste that accumulates on the seabed. We focus on the area around the Parc Fòrum, where our facilities are located.
The people who take part in these events use diving equipment and nets to remove wet wipes and plastics in large quantities. As an example, in 2019 alone we carried out 6 clean-ups in which more than 500 kg of wipes were removed from the seabed.
- Diva-VIMAR project to carry out fauna sampling.
- Tres Chimeneas Project to carry out a study and quantification of the marine areas colonised after the dismantling of the former Las Tres Chimeneas thermal power plant in Sant Adrià de Besós.
- Posidonia Project to carry out studies and monitoring of Posidonia meadows (Posidonia Oceanica) in Mataró.
- Competitive diving projects.
Do you want to join the club?
Benefits for members
- Right to participation in the activities organised by the club
- Priority seating and special discounts on organised excursions
- The right to participate in the "social events" of our association
- Great special discounts on the purchase of our club's sports equipment and sponsor discounts
- The right to accident insurance for sports activities
- Right to use of air bottles free of charge every quarter of the year (non-cumulative and subject to club activities)